How can I help?
You can give through our church:
- Long-Term Needs: Equipment Trailer
We are equipping our church trailer in order to make short term trips to affected areas. You can give towards equipment and supplies that will be taken and used to help with cleanup and restoration. Call Kirk Wooldridge at 512-255-3454 to arrange a drop-off time or to get a list of needed items. Take a look at this link for a list of equipment needed.
- Recommended Donation Sites:
- FBCRR IS GOING. We have two trips in the next two weeks.
Kirk is putting a team together to go to Deweyville, Texas to help a church that has been flooded. Deweyville is on the border with Louisiana and just north of Orange.
We will be leaving on Monday, September 18th around 7:00 am and returning Wednesday, September 20th. If you have the desire to help and have the ability to get off work for a couple days, here are the details:
- Leave Monday morning 7:00 am. Meet at church
- We could use a truck with a V8 to tow a box trailer if you have one
- Need to pack work clothes, gloves, eye protection, tools that would be helpful for carpet and drywall removal (hammers, pry bars, utility knives, etc)
- Bring respirator mask
- Bring bug spray
- We will be staying in a gym at the church that was not flooded. The gym is supposed to have showers and AC. Bring an air mattress, pillow, and your teddy bear or whatever you need to sleep
Call Kirk Wooldridge at 512-255-3454 for more information or to sign-up.
Bay City Trip
A short mission trip to help a church outside of Bay City, TX get cleaned up from Hurricane Harvey. The trip will focus on pulling out damaged materials from homes. No skills or training required…just a willingness to work hard and help others.
Trip Leader: Jared Allen
The Dates: September 25-26 (Monday/Tuesday) Leaving: 5 AM Monday and returning: 8 PM Tuesday
The Cost: Just your gas to get down there. All other expenses covered.
- The Church We Are Helping: New Shores Baptist Church
For More Info, Bring List, Or To Sign-Up: Email Pastor Jared at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.