To RSVP click the SignUp Genius button below.
You can RSVP if you would like join us in praying during our Worship times at 8:30, 9:45 and 11:00 AM
Broken Motorbike = “Chance” meeting
Hey Church Family…We want to share your “God Stories!”
Most of us have experienced God’s grace and love in powerful ways. Would you be willing to share your experiences for all to be inspired and encouraged by reading them?
First Baptist Church Prayer Team would love to publish how God has moved in your life. Just send your story to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, when the “God Story” happened, and the events that lead you to know that God was at work in your life. We will take it from there. As we prepare your story for publication, we will edit it appropriately. With your submission, please note you are giving the church copyright permission.
We will publish it in the “Prayer Journal of Answered Prayer and God Sightings” in the prayer room B-105, and potentially at a later time on the FBCRR website, and social media.
Thank you very much for considering this great opportunity to reach others through your story.
Rom 8:16 says: The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God’s children.
Worship Prayer Ministry Overview
WHO - Everyone in our church is invited to participate in a Worship Prayer Ministry (WPM).
WHAT - the WPM ministry will provide ongoing prayer FOR our services DURING our services
WHEN - The ministry will function every Sunday morning all 3 services.
WHERE - a comfortable prayer room has been prepared for this purpose. Map to B-105. The worship service can be streamed into the prayer room for those who desire to pray as they hear our pastor preach. In the prayer room there will be a prayer book available for anyone to record answers to prayers.
WHY - Our Pastor desires to create this prayer ministry. Pastors need prayers too.
HOW – The prayer team will organize prayer groups of 2-3 members, with Sunday School class members together as much as possible. Each quarter a list of when each group member will pray will be sent to each team member, and about 8 days before your turn you will receive a SignUpGenius reminder. If you will RSVP yes or no, that will allow anyone who checks the Worship Prayer website to see if they are needed to pray in B-105 that Sunday. If you can find a substitute when you can’t make it, that is greatly appreciated.
To sign up you can:
1) Send an email to the Worship prayer team email@example.com , who will reply with an email asking which service you want to pray for, and which Sunday School class you attend. We want to encourage friends to pray together.
2) Click on the SignUpGenius icon at the top or bottom of this web page. You can even volunteer to pray for one service just to see how you like it. The Worship Prayer Team will contact you using the email address you provide.
3) Call Nadine Massingill (512-551-9288) who will answer your questions.
Worship Prayer Ministry Prayer Guide
Every individual is encouraged to pray as the Holy Spirit leads. The following are some possible options for suggested prayers.
Pray for our pastor:
- God’s anointing as Pastor is speaking and for specific points in his sermon
- Protection from distractions
- Spirit-led clarity as he teaches and preaches
- Ongoing protection for him and his family as he leads this church
Pray for congregation members:
- God’s protection from distractions during worship
- That God will give ears to hear a personal message from Him through the sermon
- The Holy Spirit will bring conviction and a change of heart where repentance is needed
- That any who are downcast will receive a blessing of encouragement from God
Individuals and groups can pray silently or out loud. The expectation is to see an outpouring of the Holy Spirit with power to change us and change our church. As a result, our church can become a more effective tool in ministry to grow the kingdom of God in our community.