Are you looking for more in your experience of God?
We just finished our second semester of Experiencing God small group studies and we are well on our way to our church goal of exceeding seventy-five percent of our average worship attendance to have completed at least one Experiencing God course.
We will open registration for our fall Experiencing God Small Groups in July. If you have not already participated in a group, begin praying about joining a group in the fall. If you have already completed the study, prayerfully consider the possibility of leading a group.
A few of the major questions are answered below. If you need a specific question answered, please contact Larry, our Minister of Discipleship.
Basic questions answered...
Whatever your present circumstance may be during this study, you will be able to…
- hear when God is speaking to you;
- clearly identify His activity in your life;
- believe Him to be and do in your life everything He has promised;
- adjust your beliefs, character, and behavior to Him and His ways;
- recognize a direction He is leading in your life and identify what He wants to do;
- clearly know what you need to do in response to His activity in your life;
- experience God accomplishing through you what only He can do! Experiencing God, p. 9
The course involves 12 weekly small group meetings. Each group meeting is preceded with five individual daily studies that range from 15 to 30 minutes on average.
The Experiencing God course is a discussion based small group experience that takes place over a ninety minute to two-hour time period.
After discussion with leadership and some feedback, rather than radically changing our schedule, we will be offering Experiencing God groups over the next seven semesters.
Each semester we will publish a list of group days, meeting times. The group leaders availability will influence the days, times and locations.
Our staff is committed to leading some of the groups each semester. We will also be inviting some of our more popular Bible study leaders to step out of their normal teaching role and lead a group for a semester.
Here is an example of what the offerings for a semester might look like.
Cost is certainly a consideration but will never limit anyone from participating. So here are some things in addition to cost that you will want to know about participating in an Experiencing God group.
- Groups are limited to a max of 12 participants
- Everyone must register for groups through the official church channel
- Groups are considered closed after second session
- Groups first two session are on campus
- Session participants must have a personal workbook ($10 includes video access). No cost books are available if needed.
- For the protection of minors, groups meeting off campus cannot include minors or have on site childcare.
- For the protection of minors, groups meeting on campus must adhere to all church policies related to minors.
- Digital groups will be limited to 9 and all participants must have a camera and remain on screen.
- Groups are not limited to church members.
- Leadership material will be provided by the church.
- Groups meeting time and location (see above)
- At least one digital group will be offered each session through the fall of 2024.
- Groups will have a rolling start each semester to accommodate the greatest number of participants with the schedule published a year in advance.
- FBCRR Staff to lead a group at least twice a year.
- A Biblical Community/Sunday School group can do the study on Sunday morning as a closed group, but must fit with in the current schedule and child care available.
We will have a list of fall 2023 groups published by mid July of 2023. At that time we will open up individual group registration.