Preparedness Peace is a DVD based, small group, home and family preparedness training course that cultivates relationship with Jesus and others and accomplishes practical, basic preparedness. It is 6 week basic disaster preparedness course designed to build a foundation for a lifestyle of preparedness.
Over the six weeks, the course will cover topics of:
• Why Prepare
• Teamwork and the Power of Plan
• How to be Water Wise and Food Sense
• Power Alley
• Having a Safe Home
• About Grab & Go Bags
• Establishing Home Security
What you will accomplish by the end of Preparedness Peace is:
• Family plans and documents
• Safe home assessment
• Lighting and energy plans for power outage
• Evacuation plans with maps and routes
• Minimum three day food and water storage
• Car kit and home emergency supplies established
• Grab and go bags
• Shelter-in-place room and supplies
• Spiritual preparedness
Course times meet once a week for 1-2 hours each week, depending on location of training, and includes DVD viewing and group breakout discussions including show & tell opportunities. Course includes homework and daily devotionals.
After completing the course, volunteers are encouraged to facilitate the course within their church, small group, Bible study or family. ADRN will also facilitate this course throughout the year – visit our training calendar periodically for upcoming course dates.