Pancakes and Testimony with YVES
Operation Christmas Child is an international mission project that we have participated in for many years! Boxes are packed with toys, hygiene items, clothing, books, school supplies and other items. Each box that is packed is a chance for a child to hear the Gospel and receive a gift that they would otherwise never receive.
Every shoebox we pack:
Shares the Good News of Jesus.
Blesses children with joy, hope and love.
Gives the local church and effective outreach tool.
Is growing congregations and planting new churches worldwide.
Multiplies as children share their faith with friends and family.
Makes disciples through local churches.
This 2019 church goal is 375 boxes, we can do it! In 2018 we had 368!
Each week we will have a different emphasis on items to be donated. There will be a large bucket outside the preschool hallway and in the Ministry center.
October 6- School Supplies - Notebooks, pencils, pencil sharpeners, crayons, coloring books, markers, etc
October 13 - Health Supplies (Due to postal changes, no toothpaste this year) - combs, brushes, hair bows, hair ties, soap - no liquids
October 20 - Clothing - socks, underwear, flipflops, t-shirts, pjs, or other small items (new please)
October 27 - Toys - Soccer ball/air pump, dolls, cars, stuffed animals, card games (no war toys like GI Joe, guns, etc)
How can you get involved?
1. Come to the Pancake breakfast on September 14th as we kick off our amazing collection this year. Celebrate all that OCC has done for children around the world!
2. Donate Items for the shoe boxes during the month of October. (Or anytime during the year that you have items you would like to donate)
3. Volunteer in the Drop Off Center.
4. Attend the Packing Party.
5. Pray for the children who will be receiving the boxes.
For more information on Operation Christmas and to watch videos of children receiving these gifts check out their website: