Precept Bible Study | Ezekiel
Fall Study Dates: Thursday mornings, August 31- November 9, 2017
Room 270/271, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
Precept Leader: Alisha Brown
Study Details. Beginning August 31, the Thursday morning coed Precept Bible Study will study the book of Ezekiel, Part 1: “Then You Will Know That I Am the Lord”. Beginning in January 2018 we will study Ezekiel Part 2: “When My Sanctuary Is In Their Midst Forever.”
This group is varied in age, Bible study experience, and even church membership as some are members from other churches from the Round Rock area. During class we have an hour or so discussion covering our lesson homework followed by viewing a video lecture by Kay or David Arthur. All are welcome to join our class.
What is a Precept Bible Study? Precept Ministries International was co-founded by Kay Arthur and her husband Jack in 1970. Precept Bible Study uses the Inductive Method of studying God’s Word, digging dip into the richness of God’s truth. According to the Precept Ministries International website, “Precept Ministries International was raised up by God for the sole purpose of establishing people in God’s Word to produce reverence for Him. It serves as an arm of the church without respect to denomination. God has enabled Precept to reach across denominational lines without compromising the truths of His inerrant Word. We believe every word of the Bible was inspired and given to man as all that is necessary for him to become mature and thoroughly equipped for every good work of life.”
The Method. Individual study is the first step. Lessons are divided into 5 days of personal homework. Group discussion is based upon observations and insights from your personal study. For many students, it is in the discussion that the lesson begins to “gel.” The discussion confirms, clarifies, and encourages us as each student seeks to discover truth for themselves. Discussion of the Bible’s truths helps to seal them in our minds and sharing application encourages individuals to live out what they are learning. Our discussion is followed by a teaching video by Kay or David Arthur which enhances the lesson we have studied. In this Bible study approach, spending time to know what the Bible says, understanding what it means, and living it out in our daily life results in a life that honors God.
Fall 2017 Study
Ezekiel Part 1: “Then You Will Know That I Am the Lord”
God appointed Ezekiel as a watchman to warn his people of coming judgment. Seeing visions and performing signs, he called individuals to turn from wickedness to righteousness because God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. How does this message of Ezekiel apply to you? Are you grieved about the sin everywhere you look? Do you long for justice?
Lecturer: Kay Arthur
· Lesson 1 – Ezekiel’s Commission and Yours
· Lesson 2 – Be Sure, Your Sins Will Find You Out
· Lesson 3 – Are You Lonely for God?
· Lesson 4 – Are You Ready for What’s Coming?
· Lesson 5 – What Does God Expect from Those That Are His?
· Lesson 6 – No Excuses, No Explanations. Just Do It Right
(Teacher: David Arthur)
· Lesson 7 – I Will Be King Over You
· Lesson 8 – A Man to Build Up the Wall and Stand in the Gap
· Lesson 9 – The Colossal Lie…The Disastrous Deception
· Lesson 10 – Are You Leaning on a Reed?
Lecturer: David Arthur
· Lesson 1 – Speak My Words, Watchman. Warn My People!
· Lesson 2 – What Does It Really Mean to Know God?
· Lesson 3 – How Single Minded is Your Focus, Your Worship?
· Lesson 4 – God’s Word: The Revelation of Himself
· Lesson 5 – What Can Handle These Rebellious People?
· Lesson 6 – No Excuses, No Explanations. Just Do It Right!
· Lesson 7 – Are You Seeking God for God or Are You Just Shopping Around for Another God?
· Lesson 8 – The Pot is Boiling Over. Who Will Stand in the Gap?
· Lesson 9 – Time Up. Game Over. God’s Justice for His People!
· Lesson 10 – Where is Your Confidence? In a Reed or In the Lord?
Spring 2017 Study:
Ezekiel Part 2: “When My Sanctuary Is In Their Midst Forever”
The watchman speaks hope from the Lord. God will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick. He will set over them one Shepherd and He will feed them Himself. Then they will know that He is the Lord and they are His people.
Lecturer: Kay Arthur
· Lesson 1 – For Want of a Watchman, For Want of a Shepherd
· Lesson 2 – An End Is Coming. What Will It Be Like?
· Lesson 3 – Understanding Israel’s History
· Lesson 4 – Gog Gets His Due! (Teacher: David Arthur)
· Lesson 5 – God’s Love Song for Israel
· Lesson 6 – Israel’s Salvation
· Lesson 7 – The Lord IS There!
Lecturer: David Arthur
· Lesson 1 – Repentance Leads to Life
· Lesson 2 – God’s Method of Rescue
· Lesson 3 – How is Restoration Like Resurrection?
· Lesson 4 – Gog Gets His Due!
· Lesson 5 – Architectural Lessons in Theology
· Lesson 6 – Both Comfort and Conviction are Found in God’s Consistency
· Lesson 7 – Will There Be Sacrifices for Sin in the Future?